Well, today we have been in Georgia for exactly 3 years! I still have trouble spelling it too hehe. I can still remember what it was like to first enter the state, then to first drive up to our house. I had mixed emotions as I was about to enter a totally new lifestyle, complete with new friends, and new places. Being raised in the west for 9 years, then moving to the south was a crazy thoguht. Especially as we drove across the country to live in a state we had never been to! Life here as proven to be somewhat challenging, but knowing it was God's will for us, I wouldn't have it any other way. In this post, I'm going to recap what it was like for our first week in GA. So, I'll start with out first day here; Tuesday, February 28th, 2006.

It was about 2:15 as our family drove into our neighborhood for the first time! I was in awe at how beautiful everything was, including the trees, and even the houses. Finally, as we took the last right turn onto Summerchase Dr., I could never be prepared for what lay ahead for our life. We slowly drove up to our house for the very first time. Over at the Ellises's, Mrs. Ellise, Annie, and Bridgette were sitting outside on their driveway waiting for us. The week before, the Ellise's had graciously offered to keep our house key until we arrived here. So as we pulled into our driveway, and stepped out for the first time, I couldn't believe we had finally made it to GA! After getting all our car stuff inside, the Butlers came and explored our hosue with us. Later Maggie and Camille came home from Timothy. After knowing them for one year by email and letters, we were finally able to meet them in person. Later that day Rachel and Amy came to our house, and I was able to meet Rachel for the first time as well. (I had known her for one year too). That night we had a delicious barbecue at the Butler's house for dinner, and that was a great ending to our first day in GA. For the next two weeks, several families had us over to their homes, brought meals to us, and gave us some home essentials. I just remember feeling so welcomed for our first month here in GA. Our first Sunday at church, several people came up to us and warmly greeted us. Later that afternoon more friends came over including the Bauers! We had lots of fun that day, and it was the perfect end to our first week in Georgia.

Now 3 years later, I feel blessed to have good friends, a great church, and a beautiful home. I feel like I have gone from the western beauty of the Colorado Rockies, to the southern charm of the Georgia trees. I am grateful to God for his perfect plan for us to move here, and I can't wait to see how his plans unfold in the years to come! I now feel that in a sense, I can finally call Georgia home.